Runaway Boucherie Year Two 2015
Once a year in the fall we host a gathering of butchers, chefs, farmers, and culinary artisans for a three day boucherie symposium. Those in attendance are invited for a hands on experience in the slaughter, butchering, and cooking of various proteins throughout the event. The final day is dedicated to the traditions of the Cajun boucherie led by butcher Toby Rodriguez and the Lache Pas Boucherie crew.
In 2015 our program included but was by no means limited to:
- Calf (Gonsolin Land and Cattle Farm) Slaughter and Butchering Demo by Toby Rodriguez (Lâche Pas Boucherie)
- Gumbo Welcome Meal by Justin Girouard (The French Press) with potato salad by Hollie Girouard (Ton's Drive-In)
- Coffee By Rêve Coffee Roasters
- Sausage and Egg Breakfast by Tank Jackson (Holy City Hogs) and Sophina Uong (Calavera) + Biscuits by Alex Andrade (Rusted Rooster) + Pastries by Brittany Waters
- Lamb (Isle des Chêne) Slaughter and Butchering Demo by Toby Rodriguez
- Hands on Chicken Processing Demo by Brian and Dawn Gotreaux (Gotreaux Family Farms)
- Hot Hot Chicken Lunch By Pop's Poboys with seafood paella by Jackson Nevitt (Saint Street Inn), local farm snacks by Sophina Uong (Calavera), Justin Simoneax, and Joseph Mackowiak + wild boar gravy by David Bancroft (Acre) + Rick Leger's beef bouille
- Charcuterie Sampling by David Bancroft (Acre)
- Beef BBQ Dinner by Phil Wingo (Pork Mafia) and Hipolito Sanchez (Pork Mafia) with sides by Holly Goetting (Charley G's), Melodie Carbuccia (Emerge Juice +Tribe Collective), Mary Patout, Ruebin Sandberg, and many more.
- Music by Les Maringouins and the Lost Bayou Ramblers
- Late Night - Pizza by Bread and Circus Provisions + Yak'a'mein by Brandt Cox (Coutlier) and Jackie Blanchard (Coutelier)
- Breakfast by Willa Jean and the Besh Restaurant Group
- Pig (Inglewood Farm) Slaughter and Butchering by Lâche pas Boucherie
- Raw Bar Lunch by Tsunami Sushi
- Fish Roast by Jeremy Conner (Cellar Salt + Humble Fish)
- Boucherie Stations: Cracklins, Head Cheese, Backbone Stew, Smoke House (sausage and ponce), boudin (red and white), hams, and fraisseurs (organ stew).
- Curry BBQ Lamb dinner by Michael Gulotta (MoPho) with sides by Clair Burton (Social Southern Table and Bar), Ryan Trahan (Dark Roux), Sami and Jamie Parbhoo, Ruebin Sandberg, Cory Bourgeois, Zach Doise, Dustie Latiolais (Crawfish Town USA + Cochon Cannery), and Nick Glenn.
- Music by DJ Alligator Chomp Chomp and Keith Frank
Many Thanks to All of our Friends and Chefs and the entire culinary Community for Supporting Runaway Boucherie. - team runaway dish
Thank You to Our Supporters. This Wouldn't Be Possible Without You.
UBS & William James Investment Group
JOHN BESH FOUNDATION
Kernis "Big LOU" Louviere
Bayou Teche Brewing
CAT HEAD VODKA
GONSOLIN LAND and CATTLE
Isle des Chêne
Gotreaux Family Farm
Up to Grow Good
Market Basket Youngsville
Jason Thibodeax, David and Jon-Ella Hays, Randy Fertel, Gregg Snedden, Jesse & Jennifer Guidry, Paul Kieu, Elise Hebert, Charles Bull, Tami LaGraize, Cindy Rogers, Hunter Hebert, Matthew Colosino, Martha Farmer, Shirley Hoffpauir, Kerry Maloney, Chris Sons, Melissa Martin, Francesco Weber, Elizabeth Mervosh, Randy Foreman, Blake Abene, Daniel McCarthy, Octavia Fortier, Leigh Culpepper, Greg & Stephanie Bahrey, Braxton Naff, Andrew Clemons, Christopher McKenzie, Kathryn M Elkins, Theresa Zaunbrecher, Jason Bly, Tyler Thigpen, Julie Bordelon, Elizabeth Brooks, Patrick Gilsinn, Juan Nogueira, Morgan Angelle, Tanner Dimmick, Butch Rousell, Kevin Templet, Brad Champagne, Rachel Heiligman.